Friday, November 6, 2020

"New Normal"

 It was such an interesting few months as our routines and "normal" life were turned upside down. The kids were 100% online learning, social distancing meant staying 6 feet apart from others and you were reminded of this at stores with X's on the ground marking where you could stand, long lines started forming outside of grocery stores as only so many were allowed at a time and they had to keep count, plexi glass was installed between cashiers and customers, masks became another accessory and a requirement for going out in public when social distancing wasn't possible. I wish I would have taken more pictures to document this time. I think I was still trying to come to terms with what this world was going to look like and hoping it would pass quickly. Spoiler alert, it's now 6 months later as I'm typing this and our positive cases of COVID-19 are higher than in the Spring, however our death rate is much lower. Very unusual times for sure.


COVID19 | Mesa County Public Health


Covid-19: Health | City of Bartlesville

Grocery Shopping During The COVID-19 Pandemic | NPR Illinois


Ralphs adding partitions to limit cashiers' exposure to coronavirus – Press  Enterprise




This was the swim beach I went to with some friends a few weeks ago. They did a story while we were visiting and then shut down the beach by the end of the month.


Items like lysol wipes, hand sanitizer, eggs, flour became scarce to find. When you did find such an item, you were limited to one item per visit.



No comments:

Post a Comment