Thursday, June 21, 2018

Mother's Day

It was a great day. I feel so blessed for the example of my mom and the good that she constantly shares with others.  I have also been blessed by other incredible women and their influences as I grew up and then became a mother myself. I love being a mom. Some days are hard and I just wish that I could be a little more patient, understanding or a better listener. There are also fabulous days that are filled with lots of memories that I will hold close forever. As I have traveled more this last year for work and been away more from home, it has brought a different perspective to being a mom. While I'm constantly striving for balance and sanity through work, church, marriage and family, I am forever grateful for the opportunity to be a mom. I love coming home to my family, every time.

Bryan knows the key to most of my happiness involves sleep and food. On Mother's Day,  I slept in and had the most delicious breakfast delivered to me in bed. I enjoyed reading the kids' papers that they filled out about me and the accompanying artwork as I dined on my fancy breakfast. The talks in church that day I found to be uplifting and very honoring of women in our lives. The men in the ward then pulled off a dessert bar social for all of the women in the ward-it was very appreciated!

To top the day off, Bryan made dinner and then gifted me massage for the following night. It was a wonderful day. So grateful to be a mom.











No comments:

Post a Comment