The weather was cool, with a forecast of rain showers, but I decided to gamble it. Last minute, Emma, Myles and I headed for a morning at the zoo. I gambled and won with the weather. Only a few sprinkles, just enough to keep the crowds away and the animals out for our viewing pleasure! I was also able to let Myes out of his cage (A.K.A. stroller) to roam the paths with Emma. He loved the freedom and Emma loved being my helper. It was a fabulous morning! We missed having Luke with us It felt strange to not have him around.
One of these kids wasn't as excited as the other about being put in the wagon.
We loved watching the bears. There were several other people enjoying watching the bears, too. This is when Emma pipes up: "These bears are like the bear that daddy shot with his bow. Right, mom?"
Me, "Uhhhhhh…"
Emma follows up with, "Remember that soft, cozy bear rug? That's the one he killed. Right, mom?"
No escape. Me, "Right."
Luckily, the people around weren't animal rights' activists and got a good laugh from our conversation.
Can you spy the baby gorilla?
I want to remember how hard Myles was laughing watching these Sea Lions playing "King of the Rock." This was the icing on the cake of another great trip to the zoo.
Ha-ha, LOVED Emma's bear commentary, so good. Hopefully the other people weren't wearing PETA shirts;)
ReplyDelete