We bought a pass to the Denver Zoo. We love this zoo and missed it when we lived in California. (Side note: It's crazy to think that JUST a year ago we were in the process of showing and selling our home there!) The kids were so excited to go to the zoo. I knew they wouldn't sleep well if I told them the night before, so I waited until the morning. I felt like Mother of the year with their reactions! I thought we would go solo this time. In other words, I wasn't sure how Myles would do missing his morning nap and being strapped down in the stroller. As it turns out, we ran into several friends and it was a great morning. I think Luke and Emma could have stayed all day. Myles did great, butI didn't want to push my luck so we left around noon. We picked up ice cream on our way home. Luke and Emma took turns dipping Myles binki in their ice cream cones. Myles appreciated them sharing their ice cream. It was so cute to me that I tried hard not to think about all the germ sharing. :)

The lion cubs were out and wrestling with each other.
We even saw the peacocks shake their tail feathers and the kids thought it was pretty funny.
Blackberries: not the best food on the go.
However, when it's your first time at the zoo, some rules don't apply.
Oh, this one. I could hug and squeeze him every minute, if he let me. He's not that cuddly.
Watched the penguins eat their lunch.
Springtime was apparent at the zoo. It was beautiful! Come on Castle Rock, time to catch up!
Luke was riding the carousel by his buddy and missed out on our family selfie.
Great first trip with my three monkeys to the zoo.
No comments:
Post a Comment