Wednesday, May 13, 2015

What a Difference a Day Can Make

We decided to transition Emma's crib to a toddler bed and diapers to underwear, all in the same day. She was definitely ready for it. I just had to convince myself that I was ready. With a few treats and a sticker chart, this girl potty trained herself in one day. It was amazing. Hopefully I didn't jinx it. She's done well with her bed, too. She was already climbing in and out of her crib. We thought it might be the responsible thing to eliminate a broken arm in the middle of the night and convert it to her toddler bed. She is quite the big girl these days.




Rockin' the undies with the rain boots. 



My favorite part about this entire day was when Emma and me went to Target to pick out her underwear and treats. Stay with me. This was the first time in a long time that just the two girls went to a store, for no other purpose than something for this little one. Oh my. Emma is such a girlie girl. We stopped and looked at purses, princess and pony hats, shoes, jewelry, all initiated by Emma. She even insisted that I try on a pair of sandals. It was one of those times that makes the harder times pale in comparison. I loved spending this "girly time" with her, every second. 


Luckily, she's too young to venture into the items behind her. :)



This is proof  that I do attempt to do her hair. Attempt. 











No comments:

Post a Comment