Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Cramers Day Four: Lake Tahoe

Lake Tahoe. I love this place and was so excited to show it to our friends. It is definitely a different visit in October rather than July, but both times were gorgeous and fun in their own way. We hit up 'Vikingsholm Trail' in Emerald Bay that led us down to a beach and historic castle. I could lie about the castle and make up some facts, but I have no clue.  I guess you can tour the castle at certain times. Not really at the top of our kids' lists for fun. I think getting filthy and soaking wet is at the top of these four kids' list. We can put a big ol' fat check mark next to that one after this hike and adventure. Elizabeth was amazing and pushed a loaded, double bob the entire way back up the mountain. She wouldn't even let me touch the thing.



















There were so many little waterfalls along the hike. We stopped and played at each one.










Playing in the waves from the Ferry.
I have no problems stripping my kids down to their underwear at a public area, obviously. 




Edison may have tried to go swimming rather than wading.




Beach Beauty. 







We somehow found energy to make caramel apples from our apples we picked at Apple Hill later that night.



Yes, it tasted as good as it looks.


Cramers flew out the next day and we're slowly adjusting back to normal, not nearly as action-packed life. Still trying to come up with the next time when all of us can meet up again. Crazy to think that there will be one more kiddo in the mix when that happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment