As we're discovering, things are done "differently" in California at times. Closing on a home is one of those things. Once all the papers are signed and money is in the account, you still don't get the key. There's a bunch of legal shtuff that happens and then you receive your key in the next few days. Cue the slight problem that the semi-truck with all of our boxes and furniture is currently outside our home. Luckily, Bryan is an amazing guy and we received the key a few hours later (bot-a-boom, bot-a-bing). He is good.
Precious cargo!
I think all of our boxes are unpacked. We're starting to get pictures on the wall. I'm feeling more and more settled. I really like our home-I never saw it in person prior to buying it. Bryan chose wisely. I joked around about the word "adventure" being used with us moving to California. Well, it couldn't be more true. I saw this quote and thought it was very timely, "The only difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude." For the most part, life has been an adventure the past few months. :)
More to come from California!
What an adventure!! Glad you guys are enjoying your new home! I'm excited to see some pictures!
ReplyDelete