We started a music group in January with about 5-6 kids and rotate going to each home. It is 30 minutes once a week and the mom of each kid stays during the music time. We used themes like "Things That Go" and would sing "Row, Row, Row Your Boat," "Wheels on the Bus," "Choo! Choo! Choo! What's Coming Down the Track?". Other themes included animals, numbers, ocean/water, body, seasons, pirates, and so on. Lots of props and homemade "instruments" help keep the kids involved and interested. I feel that everyone is very creative and it is fun to watch the kids get into it. I'm not sure Luke ever sings that much at Music Group, but when we are home he loves to sing the songs. This last rotation we introduced one instrument per week. This week was the flute. I asked a lady from our church if she would come teach the boys about the flute and play for us. She was awesome with the kids and the moms learned new things as well!
A very melodious recorder and flute duet.
I thought recorders would be a great substitute for the flute with the kids. The kids appeared to love it!
Missing half of the usual crew this week, but we still had plenty of energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment