Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Big Step in My World

I decided to fly out early to Utah with Luke to spend more time with my family over the holidays. That meant that I would be flying solo with my very active and adventurous 15-month-old. I realize that there are many of you reading this blog that have flown much greater distances with your children and many times did it alone. My hat goes off to you, I am truly impressed. It took me 15 months to work up the courage to do this, and I was a nervous ninny.

Afraid to fly alone with this innocent face? (you don't know his other side) :)



In attempts to plan something for Luke to do every minute of that flight I stumbled across a great idea on Pinterest and decided to make one for Luke.

Any ideas??? A gag mask? A magical sleep inducer?

It is an airplane tray cover. A fantastic idea for that cramped space. You slide it over the tray that you normally put your beverage and peanuts on.

This was the front side of the cover. I included a zipper, button doors he could open to find a doggy, 2 balls(attached with ribbon) and a few pouches with hidden treasures.


This was the back side of the cover. I liked this idea because then he could still play with something when the tray was folded up on the seat infront of you. I made flaps he could pull down to show pics of our family. He really liked looking at the pictures and playing with the velcro.

I cannot remember how long this took me to make, but I don't think it was more than an hour. Whatever amount of time I did invest was worth every second. Luke was occupied for quite awhile with it (you know, at least 5 minutes!). The flight went great, and the time spent with family and friends was even better. I think Luke had an idea where this plane was taking him, but more importantly, he knew who was on the other side waiting for his arrival.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT... i want to make one! you are always so crafty love it

    ReplyDelete