As the weather turns cool, those warm, yummy soups start turning up in the kitchen again!
I tried this recipe from Bryan's mom and we really liked it.
1 qt chicken broth
1 large carrot
1 stalk of celery
1/2 med onion
1/2-3/4 lb broccoli-cooked
Add diced carrot, celery and onion to broth and let simmer 30 minutes. Then add cooked broccoli (I actually cooked the broccoli in the broth, because I didn't read the recipe closely and it still tasted great).
For the sauce:
3 T butter
3 T flour
2 1/2 C milk
Mix the above ingredients. cook until it thickens (I ended up using more flour/water combo to thicken it). Add sauce to broth and veggies. Then add 8 oz grated cheddar cheese. Blend over low heat until melted. Add 1 T Worchestershire sauce. Can serve in bread bowls or with a fresh loaf of french bread.
Delicious!!! Thanks Carrie!
Yumm! Looks tasty, we'll have to try it!
ReplyDelete