What better way to celebrate our Independence Day than by driving up "Independence Pass"?
It was a b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l day!
We enjoyed several hikes along this stretch of road. Luke was pretty "wide-eyed" during the hikes. Bryan kept things interesting for the kid...he was strapped in at all times.
Luke was exhausted with all of the hiking, but kept in good spirits.
We rewarded him with his very own plum and a few "360s" courtesy of Bryan.
Luke loves "360s".
This is where we paused on our journey because Bryan swore that he saw Lance Armstrong. To quote Bryan, "I guarantee that is Lance." Well, we should have placed a bet, because on Luke's closer inspection it turned out to be an impostor...I could have made some serious moo-lah.
Ahhh, The Maroon Bells.
We did a little fishing at Ruedi Reservoir, gorgeous. We love to fish. I love to "reservoir" fish, Bryan is more of river and stream guy. I love my type of fishing, because I am ridiculously lucky. This trip did not let me down, "FISH ON"!
Bryan thoroughly enjoyed watching me reel this big lunker in. Besides letting the entire reservoir know that I had a fish, I completed my catch with a victorious fish dance. I think this is my biggest catch yet. I know it isn't huge, but to me, it felt gigantic. :)
Luke's reaction to how his mother acts when she catches a fish.
We caught the fireworks in Aspen to complete our holiday weekend. Happy 4th!
P.S. Two of my favorite, random pics from the trip...
No comments:
Post a Comment