Bryan has been contributing in the kitchen as well with ingredients that are about as "organic" as they can come. Bryan went hunting with a few guys last weekend. They had some success, so Bryan was the lucky one to bring the pheasants home! Bryan cleaned and prepared the pheasants, I was relieved.
This was my first dinner of pheasant jubilee that Bryan made for me...the pheasant actually tasted just fine. I think I simply have a mental block that I need to get over, it's just a bird, right? Maybe a recipe with fresh basil and pheasant...Jess, what do you have? :)
Man you've been busy! Pumpkin carving, pheasant cooking, pesto making :) I love seeing what you are up to!
ReplyDeleteYou know I am not going NEAR pheasant. So did it taste like chicken?
ReplyDeleteSeriously they both look amazingly good - you've definitely got the touch.
At least it wasn't duck!!
ReplyDeleteIs Pheasant Jubilee on the menu when I come in June?? I think it looks great.
Oh my!!! I'm all giddy with excitement right now!!! Laura!!! It's Hayley Bang! Your old roomie who would drive you crazy pushing the snooze button for an hour straight! Where do I even begin?? I have been thinking about you the last 7 years until I finally decided I would google you and lookie what I found!!!! ( I know, a little creepy) Laura you are just as gorgeous as ever and you are married now!! No doubt you have done amazing things with your life the last few years and I hope we can keep in touch now a little better!
ReplyDeleteLaura-
ReplyDeleteThe basil looks delicious! you should pass that recipe along. It was great seeing you the other day- and fun that we can connect on these blogs! :)
www.thebarrusblog.blogspot.com