What a CRAZY year! When the colic or reflux (one and the same in my opinion) dissipated, Myles became a completely different baby. As rough as those first few months were, he has more than made up for it. He quickly became a very happy and content baby. We feel so blessed that he is a part of our family. As he turns ONE, here are a few things I want to remember about him at this age:
- His throaty chuckle
- Taking more and more steps
- Loves to cuddle, especially right before bed. When he is sick, he will only nap while being held
- Is a Mama's and Daddy's little boy
- Waffles and Pancakes would be eaten for every meal if he had his way
- Loves to be with Luke and Emma
- Senses the excitement with "Block Wars" and tickle fights
- Knows what he wants and will quickly protest when it isn't given
- Loves to throw and is obsessed with any sports ball we have in the house
We started the morning off with our traditional "favorites" picking. We chose 4 of his favorite things and then let him loose to pick his absolute favorite. Bryan was right on the money and guessed correctly.
After breakfast I took him for his first haircut. Poor kid couldn't even see the world around him! He did really well for 75-80% of his haircut. I'll take it.
He looks so grown up!
After naps, we took a family bike ride! We enjoyed unseasonably warm temps in February and tried to take advantage of the weather. This was Myles' first ride in the trailer. There weren't too many complaints from him. His sister thought Myles was taking up more than his fair share of the trailer.
That night, we invited a few friends to come enjoy cupcakes with us.
That cupcake was so heavy that Myles couldn't even pick it up.
Party Over! Especially when the Birthday Boy starts disrobing himself.
We love you Mister Myles!